User Acquisition Techniques for Shopping Apps
Defining the Core Value
Apps produce more opportunities than ever for marketers to interact with consumers and effect their buying decisions. Apps courage consumers to search and buy on their rules and timeline. Additionally physical conditions such as long queues or parking problem consumers no longer go shopping; but they are always shopping.
There are thousands of applications in Google Play Store and Apple App Store on Shopping Category. There a few types of shopping apps but if we sort them with their value.
- Discount and Deal Givers – Coupon Collectors
Groupon like sites moved easily into the mobile market and continue to provide wonderful deals for people to enjoy. You can also come up with ideas on what to offer if and when you’re ready to be part of these discount and deal partnerships.
- Social Shopping Apps – Shopaholics
Today a lot of marketers user social media platforms to reach right audience meanwhile to sell them products on same platforms. They get to post their #OOTDs, vote on favorite items, compare prices, and even sell their stuff! They get to comment on others’ purchases or something they really like. Instagram and Pinterest are quite popular places for fashion lovers. If you own an online boutique, it would definitely boost your business to be active in these social apps.
- Enormous Marketplaces
Indeed there are a lot of great and huge marketplaces that have gone mobile like Amazon and Ebay. You ought to take advantage of them. More likely than not, your prospective buyers are hanging out in these platforms and spending a lot in the process. So better grab your market share today.
- Price Comparison Helpers – A for Apple B for Ball
There are apps that are specifically made interactive price comparisons to help shoppers compare prices. For example Smartprix is known to help you compare prices across stores and marketplaces. They’re also providing customer reviews, ratings and product info.
App Store Optimization
- Social Media: Acquire users from social media will be easiest way to build right audience for your product. But it has some risks and opportunities to talk users on that channel. You have to serve your basic motto and high qualified simple creatives will help to achieve right audience.
- Blog and Content: Regular updates on a topic that focuses on your app makes you a niche, and perhaps worth re-engage to purchase. If you find people who care to write about shopping then they might want to write about your products and seasonal tips about on products.
- In-App Community: User power of social experiences and lists for shopping activity. If people can share that lists or activities on other social platform, they will more customers into your app. Additionally be open new ways to engage users to purchase like gamification. You can give users credits to buy free items, share lists and compare with their friends.
Power of Special Events
There are several metrics to catch the marching point of success for mobile acquisition campaigns. Daily, weekly, monthly retention rates, churn rate, submission rates and install to purchase conversion rate will help measure your campaigns performance and build mobile growth strategy. As Six Mile Media, we run KPI based CPI and CPA campaigns to bring most valuable users who fit your apps.